[OS X TeX] TexShop Configuration

S P Suresh spsuresh at cmi.ac.in
Tue Feb 20 12:26:08 EST 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I edited the xelatexmk.engine and
pdflatexmk.engine files by adding a -f, and now there is no problem
when I typeset a document which doesn't (yet!) have a \cite. (Is it
okay to always use the -f option?) About the other error regarding
the bib files, sorry to have given you the wrong impression. The
tests that I reported in the previous mail were carried out on the
command line. There is a different (positive) message when I use
pdflatexmk in TeXShop. I  have the latest version of your engines
(the ones that come with the latest TeXLive-2007 MacTeX package), and
I saw the relevant piece of code in pdflatexmk.engine:
    export BIBINPUTS=${BIBINPUTS}:`kpsewhich --show-path=bib`

Thanks for all the help, again. So apart from latexmk looping when it
meets beamer, and the number of runs with endnotes, there are no
issues as of now.

BTW, I downloaded and installed rubber. Thanks for leading me there!
I also noticed that the developer of rubber works in a lab with whom
we have some ties. Maybe I will run into him one of these days. That
would be a nice coincidence!

Cheers,
Suresh

S P Suresh