beamer and: Re: [OS X TeX] TexShop Configuration

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Feb 20 17:09:08 EST 2007

Le 20 févr. 07 à 22:04, Roussanka Loukanova a écrit :

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
> And one more question, if you would have the patience to take it up:
>
>> See:
>>
>> /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/oberdiek/epstopdf.pdf
>> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/doc/latex/oberdiek/epstopdf.pdf
>
> I can't just use the Open from the Preview menu to open files
> located in the root directories.

I just double-click the files in the Finder, which opens them up in
Preview. Or I drag them onto Preview or Adobe Reader, which I have
placed in the Dock.

As to how to access the files in the Finder, I either use Cmd-Shift-G
to open up /usr/local/texlive or /usr/local/gwTeX, or  I navigate to /
Library/TeX/Root. You can also simply navigate to /Library/TeX/
Documentation to access the various documentation directories.

By the way, you can indeed open files from the root directories using
the Open menu item of Preview: when presented the Open dialog, type
in "/" (without the quotes) and then the rest of the path in the
empty field that appears magically.

Bruno Voisin