[OS X TeX] MacTeX (here,there,and everywhere)

Alain Matthes alain.matthes at mac.com
Wed Feb 21 07:49:45 EST 2007

hello

a) I would like to know if there are differences between

MacTeX.dmg here http://www.tug.org/~koch/

and there

MacTeX.dmg  http://www.tug.org/mactex/

b) Currently, I have two distributions old gwtex (2003-2005) and
  gwtex based over texlive 2006 what means what exactly?
   a mix of texlive, tetex and gwtex .

All works fine, very fine thanks Gerben but I await Leopard and new
Mac Pro so
  I will have to reinstall a new distribution and I would like to
know what to make.
  Tetex is also finished and it is perhaps necessary to install only
Texlive.

c) It is possible to have only TeXLive?

d) Then, it is possible to have only a TeXLive version and
  not TeTeX ?

Many friends(switchers) have difficulties to install MacTeX and Texshop
for  compiling with latex (dvi+ps). I cannot help them because i use
  only pdflatex without problem...

Thanks and greetings

Alain Matthes