[OS X TeX] final tex live 2007

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Feb 21 10:08:55 EST 2007

Am 21.02.2007 um 00:30 schrieb Alain Schremmer:

> a) I am still on 10.3.9 and will upgrade to 10.4.x some time after
> Leopard has made its entrance, say in late summer.

Leopard will be Mac OS X 10.5.

> How does this mesh with the above? Specifically: if I upgrade via
> MacTex now, while still on 10.3.9, what will happen when I upgrade
> to 10.4.x?

Some Mac OS X applications and utilities will change. You'll gain
widgets.

> Will I have to reinstall MacTeX?

Of course not! It's based on an old SDK. It's interfaces are
supported in Tiger and will be supported in Leopard – at least for
some minor revision updates.

> b) Since I am using "letter", does this mean I won't have anything
> to do with the terminal?

No. There is a chance that your printer is one of mentioned ones. Or
your future printer will fall into this category ...

> And, what if my printer doesn't understand what it is commanded to do?

Then you'll have to buy a different printer or use the command line!
Or you could go to the print shop at corner with an USB stick. And
when this will fail, you could print there directly. And the paperboy
(new service job class) would bring them to your home.

--
Greetings

   Pete

$ sumascii BILL GATES
   B   I   L   L   G   A   T   E   S
  66+ 73+ 76+ 76+ 71+ 65+ 84+ 69+ 83 = 663

  and add 3 because he's Bill Gates the third.