[OS X TeX] R statistics package

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Feb 21 23:53:57 EST 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 9:09 PM, Chabot Denis wrote:
> For a paper or a report, I do not work this way, I write it in
> LaTeX only because I'll probably only need to include a few pdf
> graphics produced with R. However my reason for doing this was that
> TeXShop does not have the proper syntax highlighting for Sweave,
> and TextWrangler either (I normally use the former for tex document
> and the latter for R documents. However I'll explore what Charilaos
> Skiadas has said about TextMate, maybe I'll use Sweave even more
> often if I get proper syntax highlighting.

Yeah I must say that TM makes it dead easy, you just press the same
keypress you would for compiling a TeX file. Admittedly its syntax
highlight for R is not perfect at this point, but it is pretty decent
I would say (and TextMate is easily extensible). And it definitely
highlights the tex code as such, and the R code as such. Btw, the
theme can be changed if you don't like the white-on-black theme you
see in the following:

I prepared a short screencast, mostly to give feel of how working
with TextMate for Sweave would be. It doesn't show even 1/10th of
what TextMate can do, but it's a start ;)

http://skiadas.dcostanet.net/afterthought/2007/02/21/r-and-sweave-in-
textmate/

> Denis

Haris