[OS X TeX] Re: OT: modern substitute for fancyheadings.sty

Bastian Philipps bph at gmx.info
Sat Feb 24 17:08:49 EST 2007

Bruno Voisin said the following on 24.02.2007 23:01:
[snip]
> more annoyingly, it uses the fancyheadings
> package, which is no longer distributed and can only be found in the
> obsolete area of CTAN, at
> <http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/obsolete/macros/latex209/contrib/>.
[snip]
> Hence the question: is there a current LaTeX package that offers the
> same functionality as fancyheadings, while implying minimal changes to a
> class file requiring fancyheadings (ideally supporting the same commands
> as fancyheadings, in a kind of backwards-compatibility mode)?

Yep, there is a package that has superseded fancyheadings. AFAIK it uses
more or less the same commands (although I only know the newer one ;-))

It is called fancyhdr and to be found here:
http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/fancyhdr.html

And just for your information, a short comment on the obsolete
fancyheadings:
http://texcatalogue.sarovar.org/entries/fancyheadings.html

Greetings
Bastian