[OS X TeX] Suggestion for TeXShop

S P Suresh spsuresh at cmi.ac.in
Tue Feb 27 05:41:34 EST 2007

On 27-Feb-07, at 27 Feb,2:53 , Ralph Martin wrote:

> Dear Richard,

[snip]

> I'd like to request a small, but potentially very useful feature:
>
> TeXShop already has a "Go to error" button in the log window, which
> is very handy.
>
> How about a "Go to warning" button?
> OR
> Making the "Go to error" button also take you to warnings?
>
> Often, TeX warnings can be quite significant things that really do
> need fixing up (e.g. overfull hboxes), and this facility would make
> it easier to find and fix such problems.
>

> Best wishes

Hi,

In this case, is PDF synchronization not help enough? Because anyway,
one has to make a pass looking for bad breaks, and would usually be
able to spot all but the minutest of overfull hboxes. But I agree
that you wouldn't be able to get the exact spot in the source, since
most of the overfull hboxes occur in the mathematics. You can go to
the vicinity of the crime in the source, though. Don't know if you'd
find it helpful enough.

Cheers,
Suresh

S P Suresh