overfull boxes; was: Re: [OS X TeX] Suggestion for TeXShop

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Tue Feb 27 15:45:29 EST 2007

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Ralph Martin wrote:

>> 2. The real problem for me are graphics inside column environment. I do not
>> know yet how to calculate the optimal relationship between the size of the
>> included picture, i.e. (as in the example below), between the number in
>> \includegraphics[height=7cm]{...} and the size of the column
>> \begin{column}[T]{.65\textwidth}.
>
> \columnwidth can be useful...

I think that Bruno's suggestion to use \linewidth is better because it
is more general and the size of \linewidth is relative to the (narrowest)
enclosing environment. I tried \linewidth: it works finely not only in
column environment.

Fore more details, you can see Bruno's email, but it misses the additional
"overfull boxes" note in the Subject. Of course, some other suggestions
are welcomed.

Roussanka