[OS X TeX] Working with beamer and then BOOM

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Wed Feb 28 07:54:43 EST 2007

The font warning is not unusual. You must have done something to the
blocks that confused latex. It looks like the problem is on p 5. I
suggest you try to isolate the problematic frame and build it from
scratch.

A few suggestions:

1. Create templates that you can reuse.  I have a bunch of them that
I copy/paste (I save them below the \end{document} line). This makes
it easier than having to build the frame from scratch each time (not
to mention that I don't have to memorize all these commands). An
example of a frame with two columns and a block in the right column
is shown here:

%: frame with two columns & one block
\begin{frame}
   \frametitle{Frame with Two Columns and one Block}
   \begin{columns}
     \column{4cm}%  declare width of first column
     some material in this column (e.g. a figure, or itemized list)
     \column{6cm}%  declare width of second column
       \begin{block}{This is a block}  %start block
         \begin{itemize}
         \item
         \item
         \item
         \end{itemize}
       \end{block}
   \end{columns}
\end{frame}

2. Increase complexity in small steps

3. Keep it as simple as possible (the audience will thank you and you
will spend less time cursing the computer).

4. If you still have problems, post a minimal example.

I hope this helps

Themis