[OS X TeX] Re: apacite on stock MacTeX install -- working?

Bastian Philipps bph at gmx.info
Wed Feb 28 14:11:54 EST 2007

Herbert Schulz said the following on 28.2.2007 19:03 Uhr:

> How soon after a package is updated on CTAN will it appear as a MikTeX
> package? I wonder if you might not be getting the latest version of a
> package.

Well good question!
I guess, it mostly depends on the packages. Apacite took some two to
three months to make the transition from CTAN to MiKTeX, but I assume
some more widely used packages make that transition faster.

Still I for my part used TCOBrowser to install the outdated package from
MiKTeX and then used that directory structure to update from CTAN.

Greetz