[OS X TeX] gwTeX (TeX Live 2006 based) i-Package update

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Mon Jan 1 16:44:56 EST 2007

I found a problem in gwTeX (texlive.ii2) in the file
/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/tex4ht/base/unix/tex4ht.env. It contains
references to ~/tex4ht.dir which usually doesn't exist, and moreover should
be a system-wide directory instead of a personal directory. This
configurations made tex4ht fail, at least in certain circumstances. I
replaced all occurrences of ~/tex4ht.dir/texmf/ with
/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/ and that solved the problem.

There are also refs to ${HOME}/jh2.0/ and ${HOME}/jh1.1.3 and I don't know
what these should be as there is nothing comparable to be found.

It is unfortunate that I didn't find this before 1/1/2007. By the way,
these references are in the tex4ht.env as released by Eitan Gurari, but I
think they are meant to be tailored to a particular distribution.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org