[OS X TeX] Use of nomencl with TeXShop

Christian Burk maillists at gmx.de
Thu Jan 4 05:32:41 EST 2007

Hello,

I try to use the package nomencl to create a list of explanations for
mathematical terms.

The version of nomencl.sty is v4.1.

First I did a normal latex run and a *.nlo file was created with the
following content:

-----
\nomenclatureentry{a @[{ }]\begingroup $\bar{F}_l(\Omega)$\nomeqref
{0.0}|nompageref}{1}
-----

Then I switched to MakeIndex and got the following error message from
the console:

-----
Couldn't find input index file glossar nor glossar.idx.
Usage: makeindex [-ilqrcgLT] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num]
[idx0 idx1 ...]
-----

I think TeXShop can not find the my *.nlo as its input file and the
nomencl.ist as its style
file, as writen in documentation.

I have these files: the *.nlo in my project folder and the
nomencl.ist in the downloaded nomecl-folder on my desktop. But where
do I have to put these files that TeXShop will find it?

Here my example:

-----
\documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{scrreprt}
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}

\usepackage{nomencl}
\makenomenclature

\begin{document}

\nomenclature {$\bar{F}_l(\Omega)$}{Erregerspektrum}

\printnomenclature

\end{document}

-----