[OS X TeX] Download and install packages - right procedure

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jan 4 09:09:33 EST 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 6:14 AM, Christian Burk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to use the package glossary and now I downloaded the *.ins
> file and typeset it TeXShop for creating a *.sty-file.
> But where do I have to put this files for a right installation and
> do I have to restart TexShop after it?
>
> Thanks
> Christian

Howdy,

Install the .sty file in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/ or any sub-
directory (for organizational purposes) of that directory. If any of
the directories mentioned don't exist simply create them as you go.
This is for personal use (i.e., other users of your system won't
``see'' these files.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)