[OS X TeX] Indexing with Diacritics

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Thu Jan 4 10:11:34 EST 2007

At 7:44 AM +0100 1/4/07, Simon Spiegel wrote:
>On 03.01.2007, at 19:45, André Bellaïche wrote:
>
>>Until now, the most convenient way I have found
>>to make an index in French with é, è, ç, à, ù,
>>ï characters is to revert to Mac OS 9 (Classic)
>>and to use the old Makeindex application (which
>>had the ability of dealing with diacritics ten
>>years ago...). (I still have a PPC computer.)
>
>You might take a look at xindy which is much
>more versatile than makeindex, especially (but
>not only) when it comes to special characters.

Simon, have you managed to get xindy to work on
OS X?  The webpage says there's no port for the
Mac, and installation relies on a prebuilt
binary.  Building from source doesn't look like
something for the faint of heart, but if you've
managed to do it, it would be interesting to find
out how.

Alan

--
Alan Munn
amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages   Fax.  +1-517-432-2736
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824       Tel.  +1-517-355-7491