[OS X TeX] i-Installer, gwTeX i-package updates

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jan 4 10:31:44 EST 2007

On Jan 4, 2007, at 9:17 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 4 janv. 07 à 15:58, Alessandro Andretta a écrit :
>
>> I upgraded the i-Installer within the i-Installer (among the
>> updated packages there was the i-Installer package)
>> I rebooted (as suggested) and when I tried to launch the i-
>> Installer I got first the "unsupported message"
>> and then, after pressing "Accept" I got a message saying
>> "Quitting: Files attributes of an essential resource are
>> incorrect....."
>
> Did the same here (updated i-Installer through i-Installer), on
> PowerPC (PowerBook G4), but did not experience this error message.
>
> Something I've noticed for some time: after i-Installer is updated
> (through either i-Installer or from the .dmg), the Finder windows
> still display the old version number (here 2.87). You need to
> restart (maybe logging off and on again is enough) for the version
> number to be displayed properly (here 2.87.1). I don't think I saw
> that with other applications, but I'm not sure. It's possible
> opening a new window will result in the version number to be
> displayed properly, but I think not.
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

I just quit and restarted i-Installer and it seemed to work fine with
the proper version. Installed on my PowerBook (10.4.8, PPC).

I wish there was a way to turn off the Unsupported Software warning
message. A check-box in the Preferences would require active
participation and a tacit understanding of the statement.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)