[OS X TeX] Problems with permissions using i-Installer

Martin Buchmann Martin.Buchmann at uni-jena.de
Fri Jan 5 02:25:40 EST 2007

Gerben,

Gerben Wierda said the following on 04.01.2007 17:16 Uhr:

> Your problem is not with the links but it is with the permissions of the
> unarchived files. Maybe you have set a different umask in your GUI-app
> environment or maybe some permission was inherited (this may differ
> between different versions of Mac OS X) trough the file system. In any
> case, what you are experiencing is not a standard situation.

That's good to know ;-) But how could I have set a different mask in my
enviroment? I don't really understand what this means, sorry.

> What you could try is to set i-Installer's preferences to override the
> environment (this will be the default in the next version) and reinstall.

In fact, this option was deactivated. I set it to override the
environment and reinstalled gwTeX using a Full installation, but ended
in the same situation with broken links/wrong permissions :-(

I will first try to continue to fix everything manually to get at least
the whole thing back to work.

Thanks for your reply
   Martin

--
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
                                      -- Thomas Edison