[OS X TeX] latest update of gwtex i-package

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jan 5 11:13:02 EST 2007

On 5 Jan 2007, at 2:05 am, Philipp Mathey wrote:

> For example, I get error messages like :
>
> ## xdv2pdf: use of uninstalled fonts (specified by filename) such as
> ##   [/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/fonts/opentype/public/lm/
> lmroman12-regular.otf]
> ## is not supported; try using the xdvipdfmx driver instead.

This means your document is calling for fonts by filename, using
something like [lmroman12-regular], rather than by "real" name (e.g.,
"Latin Modern Roman 12" or similar). This may come from the fontspec
package rather than something you're explicitly using in your
document; I think the latest fontspec uses Latin Modern in this way
as the default, if you load it but then don't say \setromanfont
{....}, \setmonofont, etc.

So either ensure that you explicitly tell fontspec what font names
you want, or don't load fontspec at all if you don't want to actually
use its features to specify fonts.

To use Latin Modern through fontspec's default option, you'd need a
new TeXShop engine that calls for the xdvipdfmx driver instead of
xdv2pdf. You can create this by duplicating the existing XeLaTeX
engine, naming it XeLaTeX-x.engine (or something), and changing the
typesetting command in the engine to:

  xelatex -output-driver="xdvipdfmx -q -E" "$1"

JK