[OS X TeX] Use of nomencl with TeXShop

Joshua Smith joshua.smith at ucsf.edu
Fri Jan 5 15:00:12 EST 2007

On Jan 5, 2007, at 11:47 AM, Christian Burk wrote:

>> [snip]
>>
>> If you are using the latest installation of gwTeX, version 4.2 of
>> nomencl is included with TeX Live by default.  What you need is an
>> engine within TeXShop to process your nomenclature.  Within ~/
>> Library/TeXShop/Engines, duplicate XeTeX.engine and rename it
>> MakeNomenclature.engine (or something similar). Open the file with
>> your favorite text editor and replace the contents with
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>>
>> bfname=$(dirname "$1")/"`basename "$1" .tex`"
>> makeindex "$bfname".nlo -s nomencl.ist -o "$bfname".nls
>>
>> Save the file and restart TeXShop.  In the drop down menu next to
>> Typeset, you should see MakeNomenclature (or whatever you called
>> it).  Choose that and hit Typeset.
>
> After a run with MakeNomenclature a *.nls file was created but
> unfortunately this is empty.

Hum.  When I run MakeNomenclature with the example you provided:

> \documentclass[a4paper,12pt]{scrreprt}
> \usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
>
> \usepackage{nomencl}
> \makenomenclature
>
> \begin{document}
> \nomenclature {$\bar{F}_l(\Omega)$}{Erregerspektrum}
> \printnomenclature
> \end{document}

I get a .nls file with the following text in it:

\begin{thenomenclature}

\nomgroup{A}

   \item [{ }]\begingroup $\bar{F}_l(\Omega)$\nomeqref {0.0}
		\nompageref{1}

\end{thenomenclature}

What do you see in TeXShop's console window when you run
MakeNomenclature?

Josh