[OS X TeX] Problems with permissions using i-Installer

Martin Buchmann Martin.Buchmann at uni-jena.de
Mon Jan 8 04:07:04 EST 2007

Gerben,

Gerben Wierda said the following on 05.01.2007 16:22 Uhr:

> This could be a problem with you OS X installation. Try repairing
> privileges of your startup disk.

Hmm, I did this without seeing any differences. AFAIK the privileges of
my user directory /Users/Martin are not changed if I repair the
permissions of my hard disk.

I remembered that I had a similiar problem with the ghostscript package.
After installation I could use gs because of the following error:

GPL Ghostscript 8.54: Can't find initialization file gs_init.ps.

I checked the permissions of the file gs_init.ps in
/usr/local/share/ghostscript/8.54/lib/

> metallw08:/usr/local/share Martin$ ll
> total 1688
> drwxr-xr-x   21 root    wheel      714  8 Jan 09:23 ./
> drwxr-xr-x   20 root    wheel      680  2 Jan 16:17 ../
> drwxr-x---    4 root    wheel      136  8 Jan 09:23 ghostscript/
>
> metallw08:/usr/local/share Martin$ sudo ls -al
> ghostscript/8.54/lib/gs_init.ps
> -rw-r--r--   1 root  admin  72899 26 Sep 00:23
> ghostscript/8.54/lib/gs_init.ps

Maybe that's due to the same error than the trouble with gwTeX. I just
don't know which directories and permissions are important for
i-Installer during installation, etc.

I my i-Packages directory I find the packages with the following
permissions.

> metallw08:~/Documents/i-Packages Martin$ ll
> total 32
> drwxr-xr-x   24 Martin  Martin    816  8 Jan 09:21 ./
> drwx------   33 Martin  Martin   1122 19 Dez 10:42 ../
> drwxr-x---   13 Martin  Martin    442  8 Jan 09:22 ghostscript-8.ii2/

Maybe someone has an idea where to change what to get rid of this
behavior. After doing a

> metallw08:/usr/local/share Martin$ sudo chmod -R -L a+rX ghostscript

ghostscript is working fine again.

Besides of the problems with ghostscript and gwTeX I am not facing any
problems with my system as far as I can tell.

Best regards
   Martin

--
Bake Pizza not war!