[OS X TeX] Re: Announce: Excalibur Open Source

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Wed Jan 10 10:06:06 EST 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 5:00 PM, TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List Digest #1968
"Rick Zaccone" <zaccone at bucknell.edu>wrote:

> I thought that people in this list would be interested to know that
> Excalibur is now an open source project.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/excalibur
>
> Excalibur is a LaTeX aware spelling checker that I began developing
> in the early 1990s.  I worked on it actively for many years and the
> last update was in 2003.  Recent health problems and other issues
> have severely limited the amount of time that I can devote to this
> project.  Rather than just let the project fade into obscurity, I am
> hoping that there are others who would like to keep it current.
>
> Please contact me with any questions.
>
> Rick

Hi, Rick.  I don't know how to program, so I can't help with this
open source project.  However, I want you to know that I use
Excalibur often (currently in Mac OS X 10.4.8 on a 12" PB G4).  So,
*thank you* for a very fine product all these years.  And I hope that
someone or some folks will continue this very fine work.  Thank you
for not letting it fade into obscurity.  Take care of your health.

With best wishes,
---John.