[OS X TeX] Creating a glossar

Christian Burk maillists at gmx.de
Tue Jan 16 05:34:16 EST 2007

Am 15.01.2007 um 19:57 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> On Jan 15, 2007, at 12:29 PM, Christian Burk wrote:
>>
>> But for creating the index I have to use the following command line:
>>
>> -----
>> makeindex -s test_glossar.ist -t test_glossar.glg -o
>> test_glossar.gls test_glossar.glo
>> -----
>>
>> Is there way to do this with that "engines" in TeXShop - it would
>> be more handy?
>
> Sure there is! Make a copy of any of the engine files in ~/Library/
> TeXShop/Engines/ (to preserve the executable bit), rename it
> MakeGlossary.engine (or whatever you wish.engine) and double click
> it to open in TeXShop. Substitute
>
> #!/bin/sh
> bfname=$(dirname "$1")/"`basename "$1" .tex`"
> makeindex -s "$bfname".ist -t "$bfname".glg -o "$bfname".gls
> "$bfname".glo
>
> for the contents of the original engine file (note: everything from
> the makeindex to the end is on a single line --- in case it is
> wrapped on your screen).
[snip]

Thanks that works fine...

But a question more. I got some items with very large descriptions
and for that reason I would like to have all the glossary entries
written in a seperate file and then using something like \include or
\input to get the glossary inside the document.

How would that be possible?

Thanks
Christian