[OS X TeX] Where to put local additions to texmf?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Jan 17 10:47:29 EST 2007

Le 17 janv. 07 à 15:39, Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> Note that the .texdist structures have an abstraction for this
> (TexmfLocal
> and TexmfVar) which corrects the name stuff in gwTeX somewhat. Without
> everything correctly typed (but you get the idea):
>
> gwTeX.texdist/Contents/TexmfLocal -> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.pkgs
> gwTeX.texdist/Contents/TexmfVar -> /usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.local
> TL2005.texdist/Contents/TexmfLocal -> /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
> TL2005.texdist/Contents/TexmfVar -> /usr/local/texlive/2005/texmf-var

Don't you mean TexmfSysVar here, instead of TexmfVar? Or does it
depend of whether or not personal configurations were enabled by the
gwTeX i-Package?

Thus, for a specific distribution you have for example:

/Library/TeX/Distributions/gwTeX.texdist/Contents/TexmfLocal
/Library/TeX/Distributions/gwTeX.texdist/Contents/TexmfSysVar

and for the currently active distribution:

/Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/TexmfLocal
/Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/TexmfSysVar

> If possible (and with scripts and cli this certainly is), it is
> better to
> use the .texdist abstraction to find the TEXMFLOCAL and TEXMFVAR
> locations
> for your active TeX distribution.

I must admit I was a bit lost in the TeXLive structure (all these