[OS X TeX] help needed to install Adobe Euro fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Jan 18 10:06:58 EST 2007

Le 18 janv. 07 à 15:46, André Bellaïche a écrit :

> I created /texmf-dist/fonts/afm/public/adobeuro/ and /texmf-dist/
> fonts/type1/public/adobeuro/, and put in these directories all the
> files got from the Adobe downloading site (Windows/Unix) and
> renamed along the instructions of README.eurosans.
>
> So zpeurs.afm is in /texmf-dist/fonts/afm/public/adobeuro/ and
> zpeurs.pfb is in /texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/adobeuro/
>
> To be sure that they do not disappear at the next reinstallation, I
> have put copies of /fonts/afm/public/adobeuro/ and fonts/type1/
> public/adobeuro/ into texmf-local.

Why not put the files directly inside texmf-local?

> Then, I have run "sudo texhash" and "sudo -H updmap-sys --enable
> Map zpeu.map".

That should have worked. Does /usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-var/fonts/
map/dvips/updmap/psfonts.map contain the lines:

zpeub EuroSerif-Bold <zpeub.pfb
zpeubi EuroSerif-BoldItalic <zpeubi.pfb
zpeubis EuroSans-BoldItalic <zpeubis.pfb
zpeubit EuroMono-BoldItalic <zpeubit.pfb
zpeubs EuroSans-Bold <zpeubs.pfb
zpeubt EuroMono-Bold <zpeubt.pfb
zpeur EuroSerif-Regular <zpeur.pfb
zpeuri EuroSerif-Italic <zpeuri.pfb
zpeuris EuroSans-Italic <zpeuris.pfb
zpeurit EuroMono-Italic <zpeurit.pfb
zpeurs EuroSans-Regular <zpeurs.pfb
zpeurt EuroMono-Regular <zpeurt.pfb

If it doesn't, then updmap-sys did not work as intended. What does
"kpsewhich zpeu.map" yield? Here:

$ kpsewhich zpeu.map
/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/fonts/map/dvips/eurofont/zpeu.map

Here's my Adobe Euro setup in TeXLive:

- In /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/afm/adobe/eurofont/:

zpeub.afm
zpeubi.afm
zpeubis.afm
zpeubit.afm
zpeubs.afm
zpeubt.afm
zpeur.afm
zpeuri.afm
zpeuris.afm
zpeurit.afm
zpeurs.afm
zpeurt.afm

- In /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/fonts/type1/adobe/eurofont/:

zpeub.pfb
zpeubi.pfb
zpeubis.pfb
zpeubit.pfb