[OS X TeX] Several Answers at Once

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jan 18 10:27:37 EST 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 5:32 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> BTW, I don't remember whether this topic had already been discussed
> on the MacTeX mailing list: is there some reason for not including
> Adam Maxwell's TCO Browser in MacTeX_Additions? The halted
> development, though Adam still supports it I think? I don't use TCO
> often myself, but I remember posts here from people who seem to use
> it on a daily basis, especially for adding LaTeX packages to their
> installation.

Howdy,

There is available a MacTeXtras.dmg which contains the updated (with
some additions and subtractions) of what was in the Extras folder on
the TeX Live distribution. This contains lots of software (the dmg is
~150MB) that is not included with the normal installers. Given the
state of flux of all things TeX right now there has not been mention
of this and no direct link to it from the MacTeX pages. You can
download it as <http://www.tug.org/mactex/MacTeXtras.dmg>. This will
be most helpful for those trying to provide a a group of people a way
to pick and choose which software to use.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)