[OS X TeX] BibDesk preview problem

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Jan 18 18:22:33 EST 2007

On Thursday, January 18, 2007, at 01:24PM, "Nathan Paxton" <napaxton at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>	I'm trying to see a preview of my references in BibDesk (which I
>recently upgraded to v1.3(v626)), and the program seems not to
>see .bst files in the ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst directory.  (I'd
>like to use a custom generated style file that comes pretty close to
>Chicago that has worked in the past and works with my TeX
>installation generally.)  The style file worked in BD 1.2.10, an BD
>has no problem typesetting its default templates.

I don't have any problems with custom bst files in ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bst, using a recent gwTeX via i-Installer.  However, BibDesk 1.3 now catches typesetting errors correctly, and people are being made aware of problems that may have existed for a long time.

>environment:
>SHELL = "(null)"
>BIBINPUTS = "(null)"
>BSTINPUTS = "(null)"
>PATH = "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/libexec:/System/Library/
>CoreServices:/usr/local/gwTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-
>darwin-current:/usr/local/gwTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0:/usr/
>texbin" }

This is a bit odd; do you have anything in .MacOSX/environment.plist?  The :/usr/texbin is what BibDesk's preferences are set to use, but you're actually using whatever comes first in the path.

-- Adam