[OS X TeX] Configuring a new TeX installation

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Fri Jan 19 15:27:55 EST 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Josep M. Font wrote:

>> I am curious to hear from you about beamer. There are problems...
>
> No problems at all with beamer, tested with three presentations. No problems
> with other files either. But...

Did you try Till Tantau's beamerexmples from the beamer/examples/ folder
in both distributions, TeXLive and gwTeX? May be you did so only in gwTeX
and did not have yet the chance to get your attention to some details.

I would appreciate if you would let me know if these examples get properly
(pdf)latexed. For ex., pay attention to text that gets covered, but is
not supposed to be so, e.g., in beamerexample5.pdf, on p. 24, the occurrence
of the word "hold" after the red "not". Since it is just one word, one
may miss it. I have beamer files where entire paragraphs stay uncovered.

The beamer/examples are located in the following directories::

/usr/local/gwTeX/texmf.texlive/doc/latex/beamer/examples/

and

/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/doc/latex/beamer/examples/

In order to run the examples, you would need to copy them in your home
directory.

Roussanka