[OS X TeX] MacTeX macro editor

Josep M. Font jmfont at inicia.es
Fri Jan 19 16:00:18 EST 2007

El 19/01/2007, a las 20:17, RS escribió:

> I installed TeXShop on a new PowerBook Intel,
> but I cannot open the Macro Editor.
>
> Did I forgot something ?

The same happened to me this afternoon.

I had used Migration Assistant to migrate my Home directory (but not
the applications). This migrated TeXShop's preferences and the folder
~/Library/TeXShop, where all the macros are stored. BUT in my
previous machine I was using TeXShop in English, while the newly
installed TeXShop by default started in Spanish, the System's
language (this is not a preference). I quit TeXShop, selected it in
the Finder, Got Info, and unchecked all languages except English.
When I restarted it, I could open and edit the Macro Editor normally.
I don't know why it happened, but this solved it...

Hope it helps...

JMaF