[OS X TeX] No [sic] problems with Lucida installation

Josep M. Font jmfont at inicia.es
Fri Jan 19 18:14:02 EST 2007

El 19/01/2007, a las 17:13, Bruno Voisin escribió:

> The first, I think. I also wondered about the existence of these
> empty "local" folders, which oddly showed up on my PowerBook but
> not on my MacPro. I imagine these correspond to the mention of an
> empty skeleton in an earlier message from Dick Koch:
>
>> De : Richard Koch
>> Date : 17 janvier 2007 21:46:55 HNEC
>> À : TeX on Mac OS X Mailing List, "MacOS X and TeX."
>> Objet : [OS X TeX] Revised TeXLive-2007
>>
>> [...] The packages do not modify
>>
>> 	/usr/local/texlive/texmf-local
>>
>> if it exists, although they write an empty skeleton of this
>> directory if it is completely missing. This skeleton is exactly
>> the same as the skeleton produced by the standard TeXLive install
>> script.

One thing that happened is that the "skeleton" I found was only
partial, i.e., it lacked the following folders: /doc, /source, /fonts/
afm, and /fonts/map. I created these in the Finder, and put
everything in place, but as a result all the folders that were
created, either directly or as a result of putting the files (e.g.,
fonts/tfm/bh/, etc.), have different owner and permissions, and
cannot be accessed from a different user. For instance, this is the
first level of texmf-local:

drwxr-xr-x    4 root    wheel   136 Jan 19 16:05 bibtex
drwx------    5 jmfont  wheel   170 Jan 19 13:41 doc
drwxr-xr-x    3 root    wheel   102 Jan 19 16:05 dvips
drwxr-xr-x    8 root    wheel   272 Jan 19 16:11 fonts
-rw-r--r--    1 root    wheel  6004 Jan 19 16:14 ls-R
drwxr-xr-x    3 root    wheel   102 Jan 19 16:05 metapost
drwx------    5 jmfont  wheel   170 Jan 19 13:41 source
drwxr-xr-x    4 root    wheel   136 Jan 19 16:05 tex
drwxr-xr-x    2 root    wheel    68 Jan 19 16:05 web2c

Is there an easy way to remedy this ? I suppose some unix command ...

> Following is a listing of all Lucida elements in my texmf-local
> directory for TeXLive.

Thanks! I will check later. At least from the original (installer)
user it seems it worked...

Thanks for all the great work and advice!

JMaF