[OS X TeX] Configuring a new TeX installation

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 04:31:19 EST 2007

On 1/20/07, Josep M. Font <jmfont at inicia.es> wrote:
> El 19/01/2007, a las 21:27, Roussanka Loukanova escribió:
>
> > I would appreciate if you would let me know if these examples get
> > properly (pdf)latexed. For ex., pay attention to text that gets
> > covered, but is not supposed to be so, e.g., in beamerexample5.pdf,
> > on p. 24, the occurrence of the word "hold" after the red "not".
> > Since it is just one word, one may miss it.
>
> I do not have the time to do extensive testing, however I tried this
> one with texlive-2007 and yes, this word "hold" does not appear.
.../>
> :-(
>
> Perhaps the beamer version coming with texlive-2007 is not the latest
> one ?

It is the latest which could be downloaded from sourceforge (3.06) but
beamer has its own CVS. In particular the bug you mentioned appeared
only in combination with pdflatetex 1.40* and dvips and was discussed
in pdftex list and in the beamer forum at sourceforge

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1635545&group_id=92412&atid=600660

Patch file

latex/base/beamerbaseboxes.sty

replacing

\setbox\bmb at colorbox=\hbox{\color{lower.bg}}

by
 \setbox\bmb at colorbox=\hbox{{\pgfpicturetrue\pgfsetcolor{lower.bg}}}%

also your pdftex.def should be at least v.  v0.04a

(current is 0.04b)

HTH

Remark: In this OSX list are often discussed many topics which
actually belong and could be better answered or even were answered in
texhax or/and pdftex. This is one of such topics