[OS X TeX] Re: arabi

Manuel Souto Pico m.soutopico at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 12:33:25 EST 2007

Thanks Børre,

2007/1/22, B. Ludvigsen <b at hiof.no>:
> Recent versions of ArabTeX respect UTF-8 allowing you mix both Klaus's
> transliteration scheme AND native UTF-8 Arabic. I use emacs on a Mac
> which doesn't support Arabic very well, so my Arabic text is typed in
> Text Edit and then inserted into the LaTeX document. However, if you
> use a native OS X editor which is UTF-8 aware, such as TeXShop you
> will be able to type Arabic directly into your document. (I just made
> a small test now and it works fine.)

Could you send me the file of that small text? (pasting directly in a
mail or sending it as an attachment to my email address only)

I use TeXShop so I can type in Arabic, but I'm not sure about the
syntax to use in the LaTeX document in include text in Arabic with the
ArabTeX package.

Thanks!! Manuel