[OS X TeX] TL-2007 missing .sty files

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Jan 22 22:37:14 EST 2007

On Jan 22, 2007, at 10:23 PM, Greg Starr wrote:

> OK, I had apparently installed MacTeX Additions and TL-2007 in the
> wrong order, since typesetting begins now.
>
> But apparently several .sty files are missing: wrapfig.sty among
> them.  I thought the full 615 Mb TL-2007 distribution would be
> pretty complete, installed from www.tug.org/~koch/NewPackages.html
>
> Where do I get the missing .sty files and how do I install them?  I
> realize these are very elementary issues to all of you, but I've
> never had these problems before.  I am up against a conference
> paper deadline as well.  Thanks much for any help.

Very odd, since wrapfig is in the TeX Live 2007 I installed last
week. It is at:

/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf-dist/tex/latex/wrapfig/wrapfig.sty

Can you post a log file?

As for where to put stuff, I find the easiest place to put all my
additions is:

~/Library/texmf

Information regarding the directory structure can be found at:

http://www.tug.org/tds/tds.pdf

For example, within ~/Library/texmf, I have:

~/Library/texmf/bibtex
                 doc
                 dvips
                 fonts