[OS X TeX] TL-2007 missing .sty files

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Tue Jan 23 07:43:05 EST 2007

hiya,

On Jan 23, 2007, at 4:49 AM, Greg Starr wrote:

> So pardon my panic; I still would be interested in how to add .sty
> files, however.  But my immediate need has been met.

Just search for your .sty on ctan.org, download it, throw them into ~/
Library/texmf/tex/latex/misc (create if not there, yet), go to
console and run: kpsepath tex

that should work with most of the packages providing .sty-files. some
files come in other format only, though they are usually accompanied
with instructions on how to generate the .sty-files. usually this
involves typesetting some file with TeX-engine (not LaTeX)...

ciao,

martin
--
Martin Henning