[OS X TeX] pdfpages and printing

Samuel Lelievre samuel.lelievre.tex at free.fr
Thu Jan 25 04:59:26 EST 2007

Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

>  Oftenly I have to include PDF documents into TEX documents.
>  For this purpose I use pdfpages.  But there is a problem,
>  and I do not find a solution: If the PDF file contains pages
>  in portrait mode and in landscape mode too, TeXShop displays
>  in the preview window all pages each in their original
>  orientation.  But when I print the document the pages in
>  landscape orientation are printed on portrait pages.  So the
>  left and right parts of the page contents are cut away.
>
>  What can I do to, that the printer automatically turns the
>  pages in the right orientation?

I don't know if there is a straightforward way to do that, but
a workaround would be to have a first use of pdfpages to put
the pages in the desired orientation.

Eg say you want to insert orig.pdf whose p. 4 is landscape and
other pages portrait.  Create orig-bis.pdf by running TeX on:

--- orig-bis.tex
%&pdflatex
\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{pdfpages}
\begin{document}
\includepdf[pages={-3}]{orig.pdf}
\includepdf[angle=90,pages={4}]{orig.pdf}
\includepdf[pages={5-}]{orig.pdf}
\end{document}

and include orig-bis.pdf in your final document
instead of orig.pdf.

Best, Samuel