[OS X TeX] Creating a glossar

Christian Burk maillists at gmx.de
Sun Jan 28 04:38:56 EST 2007

Am 27.01.2007 um 20:51 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 27.01.2007 um 19:52 schrieb Christian Burk:
>
>> What I want is "just" the combination of these runs within one
>> engine.
>
> OK, I downloaded the documentation. It says:
>
> 	• LATEX the document (let’s call it file.tex),
> 	• BibTEX the .gls.aux file (i.e., bibtex file.gls),
> 	• LATEX the document again, and
> 	• LATEX again if there are unresolved cross references.
>
> So the glossary file is indeed a .tex file open in TeXShop. The the
> engine is:
>
> 	#!/bin/sh
> 	fname="`basename "$1" .tex`"	# here the LaTeX file's name is given
> 	latex  "$fname"
> 	bibtex "${fname}.gls"
> 	latex  "$fname"
> 	latex  "$fname"

Hi Folks and thank you very much for the great help and support.

Dick sent my an working engine with the following content:

-----
#!/bin/tcsh
pdflatex "$1"

set filename = "$1"
set glsname = "${filename:r}.gls"
bibtex "$glsname"

pdflatex "$1"
pdflatex "$1"
-----

Thanks
Christian

P.S. I would like to do this same procedure for the normal BibTeX,
where you use LaTeX > BibTeX > LaTeX > LaTeX, but I think there a
separate thread would be necssary.