[OS X TeX] Junior in BibDesk preview

Jonathan Lewis jonathan_lewis at mac.com
Wed Jan 31 05:50:12 EST 2007

In BibDesk help, on the page entitled 2. BibTeX Intro, in the
Formatting Names section it says
<quote>

BibTeX also handles more complicated names. Prefixes to given names
such as 'van' or 'van den' and suffixes such as 'Jr.' or 'III' are OK:

"van den Huevel, Johan A, Jr."

</quote>

However when I enter "van den Huevel, Johan A, Jr." in the author
field and preview the reference I get:

[1] J. van den Huevel, Johan A. Title of Book. Name of Publisher, 1975.

On page 767 of the LaTeX Companion 2nd Edition the following format
is used:

"van den Huevel, Jr., Johan A"

and indeed that previews in BibDesk as:

[1] J. A. van den Huevel, Jr. Title of Book. Name of Publisher, 1975.

Should the BibDesk Help page be changed, or am I (once again) missing
something obvious?

Jonathan Lewis
Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo

BibDesk 1.3.1 (v641)
Full path to pdflatex: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/
pdflatex
Full path to bibtex: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/
bibtex
BibTeX style abbrv
TeX template encoding: Unicode (UTF-8)