[OS X TeX] Page origin problem with TeXLive and dvips

Roberto Avanzi roberto.avanzi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:19:04 EST 2007

On 31 Jan 2007, at 19:24, Richard Koch wrote:

> Maybe this remark is not so important for us because documents will
> be converted to pdf before being sent to the printer.

Well, no, I have the orientation problems AFTER the conversion to pdf,
and *only* with the ghostscript converter, not with the Apple (Tiger)
and Adobe (Pro 8) Distillers.   In fact the distillers "print" to PDF.

> Help, experts!!!

Help! Help! Help! I add my voice to the cries of help! Help!

My *current* solution is to use ghostscript, because of speed, and
re-convert with the Apple or Adobe Distillers before printing or
uploading to a web site.

Dick, I have a question: would it be possible to call the Adobe
Distiller from TeXShop, as a third option?  That would be fast
(more or less like ghostscript) and correct (like the apple
distiller), at the same time offering the advantage of smaller
file sizes than the apple distiller.

  cheers
   Roberto