[OS X TeX] Re: graphics with xelatex

Alain Schremmer schremmer.alain at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 12:21:00 EDT 2007

On Jul 3, 2007, at 6:49 AM, Luis Sequeira wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Does someone have any recommendation regarding what package I should
>> use to program drawings and graphics in a document typeset with
>> xelatex (in MacTex using TeXShop)?
>>
>> I've tried pstricks, pgf-tikz, pst-pdf and pdftricks with no success.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for any help, Manuel
>>

> I have been involved in a book for which I have been using XeLaTeX.
> I do most of my illustrations in pstricks and I would not care to
> give it up.
> I tried pdftricks, and it was working, but made typesetting a lot
> slower, since it was redoing all the illustrations every time.
>
> My current solution, which has been working well, is to do the
> illustrations separately, using latex+dvips+ps2pdf, and use
> \includegraphics to put them in the main document.

Probably a stupid question but I can't help it: if you
includegraphics them, why not draw them in a graphics program?

I do and save two copies, one in Intaglio for further/future editing
if necessary and one in cropped pdf for includegraphics. (Intaglio
remembers to place them in different folders.)

Curious regards
--schremmer