[OS X TeX] fonts in htlatex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jul 7 16:01:42 EDT 2007

Am 06.07.2007 um 03:13 schrieb Eitan Gurari:

> The log file sample2.log contains the suspicious comments
>
>     (textcomp)  Font families with sub-encoding setting implement
>     (textcomp)  only a restricted character set as indicated.
>     (textcomp)  Family '?' is the default used for unknown fonts.
>     (textcomp)  See the documentation for details.
>     Package textcomp Info: Setting ? sub-encoding to TS1/1 on input
> line 71.

I think this comment does not mean much, just a hint that some glyphs
or effects might be missing, because the TS1 encoding depends on the
glyphs in the font(s) used. The TS1 or TEX TEXT COMPANION SYMBOLS 1
encoding consists of 128 slots or code points. A few of the glyphs
are real strange (capital* glyph names), others address old style
digits, symbols for genealogy, fractions, or a copyleft symbol. It is
certain that no font has all these glyphs defined. Depending on the
font used the TS1 encoding can actually contain 100 glyphs or just
one or two dozens. (And there is another problem: the glyph names in
the font used have to be the same as in the encoding vector in order
to be found. If the names differ they're not found and therefore
don't get printed.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

"What do you think of Western Civilisation?"
"I think it would be a good idea!"
                          -- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi