[OS X TeX] Having a web page as a reference in BibTeX

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Jul 8 16:39:00 EDT 2007

Hi Norman,
On Jul 8, 2007, at 3:22 PM, Norman Gray wrote:

> Charilaos, hello.
>
> On 8 Jul 2007, at 19:58, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>> 	I suppose this is perhaps more of a BibTeX question. I am working
>> on a paper where I want to add references to various web pages,
>> namely home pages of products. Ideally I would want the final
>> output to show the page title as well as the url. I was wondering
>> if anyone had some suggestions on the best way to go about it, i.e:
>
> The TeX FAQ has some discussion of this[1].  My favourite of the
> suggestions there (because I wrote it) is the urlbst package, which
> adds a @webpage entry type to existing style files.  The urlbst
> manual (see [2]) has some links to other more general resources on
> the topic of citing URLs.

Thanks for those links, very helpful!

I am writing this article for PracTeX, so I probably can't create my
own custom bst (or perhaps I can? not sure, couldn't really find any
rules online), otherwise your package sounds perfect. I would guess
though that PracTeX might perhaps have some standard way for dealing
with this, so for now I opted for using the @misc type and the natbib
styles, which print the word "URL" among other things, kind of
irritating but works for now.

> All the best,
>
> Norman
>

> [1] http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=citeURL