[OS X TeX] OT: Article dashboard Widget

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Jul 18 10:43:20 EDT 2007

On Jul 18, 2007, at 07:23, William Adams wrote:

> Came across this and thought people here might find it useful:
>
> http://www.phy.duke.edu/~dawes/computing/articlewidget.php
>
>> . . . Article, a dashboard widget . . . for quickly accessing
>> articles by volume and page number. . . . use it for quickly
>> following citations when . . . reading an article. An example
>> workflow would be to use this widget to locate the journal webpage
>> for the article and then from there import the citation to
>> Connotea, CiteULike or BibDesk. . .
>>
> Struck me as ingenious, though I wonder if it wouldn't work better
> as a Service (does BibDesk support a similar Service?)

Looks neat (if you use the particular journals it supports).  That
would be more useful coupled with something like Skim.

In answer to your question: BibDesk doesn't do this directly, although
you can add recognized text formats via Services.  However, the
current nightly builds of BibDesk allow you to search and import from
Web of Science directly, which I'm guessing a few people will find
useful.

-- adam