[OS X TeX] converting crossref

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Jul 22 14:13:24 EDT 2007

On Jul 22, 2007, at 10:21, Justin C. Walker wrote:

> This may not help, but I offer it as an alternative: I have several
> bibtex files, in particular one for books, one for papers.  For
> papers in proceedings and the like, I use "\cite{Blat}" as the book
> title.

I'm curious: why do you use this instead of crossrefs?  Does it work
for any field?  (yeah, I could try that for myself...I'm lazy ;)

> While BibDesk does not display the entry correctly (not being able
> to relate the citation to anything in the file), it seems to work
> fine in practice (of course, I have to have both files referenced in
> the bibliography spec, and run bibtex a few more times :-}).

One advantage of crossrefs is that they are searched and displayed by
BibDesk (and they were a real pain to implement).

>        Title = {N\'eron models},

As a side note, you may want to use {N{\'e}ron models} here.  ISTR
that helps bibtex with sorting, but it also allows BibDesk to display
the actual Unicode character.

--
Adam