[OS X TeX] TeXShop 2.10beta10

S P Suresh spsuresh at cmi.ac.in
Sat Jun 2 11:14:19 EDT 2007

On 2 June, at 7:40 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2007, at 5:29 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>

>> There's a TeXShop bug which has been around for quite some time,
>> and which I meet practically daily. It may still live inside this
>> new release, I've not tested yet.
>>
>> Here's the stuff: when you work on a document for some time (a few
>> hours say), saving and typesetting often (every 5 minutes say),
>> using the keyboard shortcuts Cmd-S for save and Cmd-T for typeset,
>> at some point the preview window stops, after Cmd-T, to take into
>> account the changes you made in the input window, and Cmd-S stops
>> saving these changes; however, using the associated menu item Save
>> instead of Cmd-S does save the changes.
>>
>> I've never been able to identify something triggering the bug,
>> other than the fact that the input document has been modified and
>> saved a large number of times in a given TeXShop session.
>>
>> Bruno
>>

> Howdy,
>
> I haven't run into this problem but, then, I don't work on a
> document as persistently as you either :-).
>
> I can save you one step in your compile though... The Cmd-T will
> automatically save any changes you make before compiling so there
> is no need to Save the document (Cmd-S) before compiling.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest.com)

Hi,

While we are at it, here's one for Herb. Sometimes when I make
changes to a non-master source and try Cmd-T or even Cmd-S followed
by Cmd-T (when using pdflatexmk via TeXShop), I get a message saying
that <...>.pdf is up to date. I have to make an artificial change in
the TeX-master file to force a recompile. Have others run into this?

Cheers,
Suresh