[OS X TeX] Updated latexmk engines

Ralph Martin Ralph.Martin at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 11:27:50 EDT 2007

Herb

On 5 Jun 2007, at 14:06, Herbert Schulz wrote:
> I've updated the latexmk engine files used with TeXShop. The only
> change is the addition of a `touch "$1"` line before the call to
> latexmk in the three engine files that go into  ~/Library/TeXShop/
> Engines/ as noted before on this list. This guarantees that latexmk
> will compile the document at least once and solves the problem of
> editing an included files and having latexmk not compiling because
> the root file hasn't changed.

This 'fix' also breaks correct behaviour of latexmk. I rely on it NOT
recompiling my huge set of sources when the sources have not changed.
The sources I am working with run to hundreds of megabytes, and I
definitely DO NOT want to run latex at least once if no source file
has changed.

Is there any chance you could fix this in a more sophisticated way so
that it behaves like it did before if ALL sources are untouched?

Best wishes

Ralph
--
Prof Ralph Martin           Phone: +44(0)29 2087 5536
School of Computer Science  Fax:   +44(0)29 2087 4598
Cardiff University          Email: mailto:ralph at cs.cf.ac.uk
5 The Parade, Roath         WWW:   http://ralph.cs.cf.ac.uk/
Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK       VOIP:  sip:17476235487 at proxy01.sipphone.com