[XeTeX] [OS X TeX] Unexpected quotation marks

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jun 10 23:04:40 EDT 2007

On Jun 10, 2007, at 7:12 PM, Vic Norton wrote:

> Sorry, but I can't figure out what you guys are talking about. This
> is what my ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/ contains:
>          altpdflatexc              bibtexc              dvipdfc
>               dvipdfh            epstopdfc                 flip
>              htlatexc             htlatexr            htlatexra
>            makeindexc          makeindexcg           makeindexk
>           makeindices               mpostc            pdflatexc
>            pdfselectc       platex2pdf-euc       platex2pdf-jis
>       platex2pdf-sjis              ps2pdfc         ptex2pdf-euc
>          ptex2pdf-jis        ptex2pdf-sjis
> I don't see any "xelatexmk"---and my TeXShop says it is up-to-date.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Regards,
>
> Vic

Howdy,

What version of TeXShop are you using?

You may download the latest version of LatemkTeXShop.zip from <http://
homepage.mac.com/herbs2/> and follow the instructions to install the
proper files in ~/Library/TeXShop/bin/ and ~/Library/TeXShop/
Engines/. Then restart TeXShop and you'll have the (pdf/xe)latexmk
engines. Then put the line

%%!TEX TS-program = xelatexmk

at the top of the file instead of the line you now have,

%%!TEX TS-program = XeLaTeX-xdvipdfmx

and the xelatexmk engine will be used to automatically run xelatex,
bibtex and/or makeindex if necessary and then xelatex the correct
number of times to resolve the references, etc. Xelatex will be
called with the xdvipdfmx output driver so everything else should
just work.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)