[OS X TeX] PDF security

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 11:11:04 EDT 2007

On 6/15/07, George Gratzer <gratzer at ms.umanitoba.ca> wrote:
> You mean Redaction tool?
>
> I get the message: I have difficulty reading this file.
>
> GG
> P.S. Interesting. Searching the help for "delete character" does not
> give me the redaction tool. G.

Redaction was introduced in A8. Everyone remembers few stories about
lawyers (some of them working for US Government) who used to type in
MSW, then cover sensitive places by black boxes, then print. Now they
print to pdf and place them on web and anyone using copy/paste or
export to rtf can remove these boxes. Google (and any text search)
does not respect them either.

On the other hand with reduction tool you can select any color of the
box (including white) but redaction tool actually deletes data beneath
of these boxes. Hope it will help
 (lawyers are hopeless :-)

VI