[OS X TeX] Translating LaTeX to Quark or InDesign

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Sat Jun 30 08:41:15 EDT 2007

On Jun 30, 2007, at 8:23 AM, David R. Derbes wrote:

> Next, can Stephen or another knowledgeable person tell me how well
> InDesign works with LaTeX? My wife, a fabric artist, wants us to
> invest in Adobe's Creative Suite (I can get a lot of stuff for
> the educational price of $399, so this looks like something we will
> do shortly), and it includes InDesign.

Currently, out-of-the-box, it doesn't. You would need an equation
editor such as:

http://www.mathmagic.com/product/pro.html

This is a fairly good summary of the features:

http://www.academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=720983

We looked at it, but the volume of math we deal with was too great to
use this package conveniently.

And then there is

http://www.itip.biz/products/inmath/inmath.html

which **seems** (as I read the info about the package) not to require
the InMath plugin to print or read ID documents that use it. I'd check
that just to make sure.

In any event you could send your printer a PDF of the finished document.

Stephen