[OS X TeX] Survey about TeXShop feature use.

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Sat Jun 30 11:34:16 EDT 2007

On Jun 30, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> 1)What features of TeXShop do you use? I know we edit source files
> and compile files, I'm interested in the helpful (or not so
> helpful?) extras like Panels, Macros (text or Applescript), Command
> Completion, Auto Completion, Specialized Engines. special keyboard
> assignments (via System Preferences or other Key Binding methods)
> that you use to help you in your work. You can also include things
> like using the BibDesk InputManager for references/citations within
> TeXShop.

I use all the following (a lot):

* command completion

* tags

* templates (I use these less since I discovered the joys of command
completion, but I still find them to be very handy with strings I use
less often, e.g., certain table structures)

* macros (both text and AppleScript)

* two specialized engines

I also have AutoComplete turned on and have tweaked my preferences to
set up the source and preview the way I like to work.

> 2)How long have you been using TeXShop and your experience level
> (approximate) with using TeX.

I have been using TeXShop since not long after it was made publicly
available (2001, I think). I have been using LaTeX since 1989 and my
experience level feels rather high compared to most people around
me ... until I start carefully reading the messages on comp.text.tex
and on this list, that is. :-)

All the best,
   Gary