[OS X TeX] Re: Format of the LaTeX log files?

Joachim Kock jkock at start.no
Thu Mar 1 03:20:29 EST 2007

Haris wrote:
>I am in the process of rewriting the information that TextMate
>presents when doing a LaTeX compile, and I was wondering if there was
>some documentation anywhere on the format of the log files, and
>extracting information from that file. Anyone have any info/links on
>this?

Hello Haris,

as you know, Alpha uses log file scanning extensively.
You can look into the file tetexComm.tcl from the AlphaTcl
CVS repository at SourceForge:
http://alphatcl.cvs.sourceforge.net/alphatcl/Tcl/Modes/latex%20Mode/tetexComm.tcl?view=markup&sortby=date
to see how the different features are implemented.  I am sure
you can reuse many of the regexps.  These have been gradually
fine tuned over the last four years, and work quite well,
although of course it is all heuristics.

Cheers,
Joachim.