[OS X TeX] MacTeX/TeXLive2007-metapost/TeXShop problems

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Fri Mar 2 03:56:08 EST 2007

Le 02-mars-07 à 09:08, Thierry Masson a écrit :

> Hello,
> I have tried yesterday the new TeXMac which installs TeXLive2007.
> First, I have a problem now with metapost.
> I used to put the following preamble in my mp file:
>
> verbatimtex
> %&pdflatex
> \documentclass[10pt,twoside,titlepage]{book}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{ucs}
> \usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
> \begin{document}
> etex
>
> when mptopdf processes the file, it does not understand
> "\documentclass..."
> In my older version, everything was OK...

Are you sure that Metapost uses LaTeX instead of Plain TeX to compose
the labels?

Try to compile your file with the Terminal:

mpost -tex=latex path_of_your_file.mp

It should be OK. If it is, that means that TeXShop make MetaPost
compile your file with the default option Plain TeX for your labels,
instead of LaTeX. You should change the behaviour of TeXShop for
MetaPost :  open the "/Applications/TeX/TeXShop.app/contents/
resources" directory,  open here the file "metapostwrap", and change
the following lines:

mpost --interaction=nonstopmode  "${filename:r}.mp"
else
mpost  "${filename:r}.mp"

into

mpost --interaction=nonstopmode -tex=latex "${filename:r}.mp"
else
mpost -tex=latex "${filename:r}.mp"

That should do the trick...