[OS X TeX] Correction and Misc

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat Mar 3 11:20:42 EST 2007

Folks,

To be specific,

	MacTeX_Additions
	gwTeX

are temporarily not available. But

	MacTeX-2007
	MacTeXtras

are certainly available on CTAN and via the standard web pages.

Changing topics, let me confirm that both MacTeX and i-Installer
install two versions of gs,
one with X11 support and one without, and make gs a link to the
appropriate version
at the end of installation, depending on whether or not the user has
installed Apple's
X11 package.

Changing topics yet again (and maybe I'll get in trouble for that):
MacTeX has simpdftex and also
a modified version of this script by Jin-Hwan Cho called
simpdftex_dpmx. The modified version
can be used to call dvipdfmx instead of dvips + ps2pdf during
typesetting.

My email was out of kilter a couple of days ago, and I didn't see
Cho's message
to the list. Maybe I'll just repeat what he said. If you change
"simpdftex latex --maxpfb" to
"simpdftex_dpmx latex --maxpfb" in Preferences for various front
ends, nothing will
change because the old script is a subset of the new one. But if you
add the flag
"--dpx", then DVIPDFMx will be used, and if you add the flag "--dpm"
then DVIPDFM will
be used. So, just to be clear

	simpdftex latex --maxpfb    -->    simpdftex_dpmx  latex  --dpx  --
maxpfb

will use DVIPDFMX instead of dvips _ ps2pdf.

Dick
koch at math.uoregon.edu